A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
The Strategic Sourcing & Category Specialist role will be based in Calgary and will report to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing. This individual contributor will drive the development of Strategic Sourcing & Category Strategies, technology contract plans and renewals for the Strategic Sourcing team in close collaboration with internal business stakeholders.
- Develop engagement and project plans for technical software, related implementation and reseller spend categories.
- Support the implementation of Strategic Sourcing process and methodologies.
- Analyze report findings and data and make recommendations when required.
- Maintain and provide a current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends to team members and business partners.
- Manage supplier contracts, governance and control programs to ensure delivery of expectations and comply with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Ensure organizational financial goals are met.
- Develop and track cost savings initiatives. Implement strategies that directly effect company financial results and growth plans.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage and measure cross functional team performance against key business objectives.
- Identify and organize cross functional team resources responsible for Sourcing Strategies.
- Liaise with internal category teams, business partners and gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to establish short-term and long-term business objectives.
- Conduct market data research and investigate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new innovations, technologies and markets as business requirements dictate.
- Lead the development of negotiation strategies and negotiations of small to medium value/risk/complex agreements with technology, network & engineering suppliers.
- Experience with suppliers such as SoftChoice, Oracle, HP, ServiceNow, Microsoft, Salesforce, Deloitte, PWC is an asset.
- Negotiate small to medium size agreements.
- Lead the RFx process.
- Track initiatives and vendor information in a central repository for reporting purposes.
- University/post secondary degree is required; degree in Strategic Sourcing, Engineering, Finance or Business is preferred.
- 3 to 6 years of progressive experience in leading small to medium strategic projects, strategic procurement, contracting, subcontract management, and supply chain management, legal and/or equivalent required.
- MBA or post-graduate degree in business, finance, or related field would be an asset.
- Proven high level degree of financial and problem-solving ability required.
- Some knowledge of/experience with e-procurement processes and systems required.
- Strong and proven business/financial acumen.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Prior knowledge and experience in commodities and spend categories required with a focus in Technology, Telecom, Network solutions and services.
- Some experience in Project Management required.
- Understanding/knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) is required.
- Proven ability to perform in a team environment.
- knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Vendor Management.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
- This posting will close on February 21st
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.