McElhanney Ltd. seeks an exceptional and dynamic individual to fill the role of Project Accounts Representative in our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will work in a lively team atmosphere with other administrators, supporting the technical staff in delivering a variety of exciting infrastructure projects to client throughout Western Canada. This professional administrator will be able and happy to anticipate the needs for the office and team to run a successful operation.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Coordinators to generate invoices for clients and post to the accounting system, accurately and in a timely manner
- Process timecard changes to facilitate invoicing
- Assist Project Managers with project set up and project-related administrative/clerical tasks as required
- Desktop Publishing: Formatting of documents using MS Word and creating and updating spreadsheets using MS Excel. Experience with Adobe Suite products desirable
- Review outstanding accounts receivable and produce client statements
- Process project-related payables
- Maintain internal information database
- Provide back-up and support to our Accounts Manager as well as our general office administration, including expenses, office communications, event organization, and overall assistance to the admin team and branch.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role with some post-secondary training in accounting/bookkeeping
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, and the ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively source information/data required for task completion
- Demonstrated workplace professionalism; ability to work well as part of a team but also work independently
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney’s Vancouver office is conveniently situated downtown, just steps away from BC Place and Yaletown and in close proximity to transit, shopping, and restaurants. In this location are engineering, surveying, and mapping branches, as well as the business support services including Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Technology, corporate administration, and Health, Safety & Environment departments.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.