The Export Clerk has key responsibilities involved with the shipping and crossing of international borders that require certain documentation to meet the requirements of the governing agencies and territories. The Export Clerk understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items that are required to cross territorial borders. He/she will assure all shipments are cleared for transport and all legal obligations and documentation are adhered to, and that the shipments are timely, accurate and satisfy customer/client expectations.
- Create invoices for product
- Process all required paperwork for international shipping arrangements.
- Assure all international shipments meet legal and customs regulations.
- Maintain filing of shipping documents and track regulatory activities.
- Prepare documents for international shipments.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- May be required to pick up necessary documents with company vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments preferred.
- Working experience in international shipping role preferred.
- Willing to train.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to compute weight and measurements.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
St. Helen’s is committed to complying with the provisions of the AODA with the objective of making the recruitment process accessible to persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be made available to the best of our ability.
Job Type: Full-time