Musashi is looking for a Tool & Die Associate to join our Waterloo team. The successful candidate has a great attitude, strong work ethic, and is a team player and brings experience in making, repairing and modifying custom, prototype or special tools, jigs, and fixtures for R&D and building new assemblies.
We value our people and offer a flexible working environment with cool perks for working at Musashi – including an amazing group benefits plan, a fitness incentive, snow tires incentive, birthday & anniversary gifts, and much more!
- Setup, operate and maintain equipment in tool & die / machining area
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, jigs, and fixtures
- Prepare templates and determine work processes
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Fit and assemble or disassemble parts using hand tools
- Test completed tools, jigs or fixtures for proper operation
- Program CNC machine tools as required
- Attend annual health and safety training including (but not limited to) WHMIS, and Lockout Tag-out
- Perform related duties as required
- Trade certification in Tool & Die or General Machinist
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the trade in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment
- Experience in formulating CNC programs
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of tools, jigs, and fixtures
- Exceptional people skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to follow through task to completion safely.
- Mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Actively involved in department goals.
At Musashi, we're an equal opportunity employer and committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Tool and Die: 5 years (Preferred)
- Tool & Die / General Machinist (Required)