Licensed Automotive Service Technician
Downey Ford is family-owned and operated and has been servicing New Brunswick Ford buyers for almost 60 years.
The service Department is the largest shop in Southern NB. It has 24 work bays stocked with state-of-the-art tools and diagnostic equipment.
Downey Ford offers buyers in Saint John and southern New Brunswick a wide range of new Ford models and pre-owned Ford vehicles, as well as a modern servicing department. Downey Ford also offers genuine Ford parts and accessories, as well as a state-of-the-art body shop and detailing department.
The Automotive Service Technician inspects, maintains and repairs automobiles. They execute basic care maintenance like tire rotations and oil changes, diagnosing complex problems, and planning and executing vehicle repairs.
Duties of the technician include but are not limited to:
- Regular scheduled vehicle maintenance
- Road Tests
- Provincial safety inspections, CVI inspectors license is an asset.
- Computerized diagnostics for engine, transmission, ABS and other vehicle systems.
- Engine repair and overhaul
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Drivetrain repair including: transmissions, differentials, drivelines.
- Chassis, Steering and suspension diagnostics, repair and maintenance
- Brake service, diagnostics and repair
- Electrical fault finding and repair
- Work with co-workers and managers to solve problems and complete tasks efficiently
- Provide top quality, honest and efficient repairs
- Communicate with Service Advisors
- Must be a licensed Automotive Service Technician
Must have a valid NB drivers license and able to provide a drivers abstract and criminal background check
- Direct work experience in automotive repairs and service.
- You must have your own tools
- Experience with computer diagnostic software is an asset.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure, Strong attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with the ability to manage your own time and work flow.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Up-to-date knowledge of automotive parts and their functions.
- Must maintain all required OH&S certifications, must ensure a safe workplace and are responsible for your own safety and the safety of others in the workplace.
- Work Conditions
- Very busy shop
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs, twist, turn, bend and stand for long periods of time without restriction
- Contribute to a safe work environment
- Repetitive work.
- Competitive salary
- Group benefit after 3 months of employment
- Employee discounts on parts, service and vehicle purchases
- High performance culture, focused on customer experience
- Experienced and hands on Management staff
- Opportunity for career growth
Candidates are encouraged to please submit a cover letter with your application describing why you're the best person for this position and an updated resume to the Service Manager - quoting Service Technician in the subject line
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, but only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 - $22.00 per hour
- automotive technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)