Outpost Line Cook (NOC: 6322)
The Post Hotel & Spa is a Relais and Chateaux property chosen by Travel and Leisure Magazine 2019 as one of the top ten resorts in Canada! We are located in Lake Louise, Alberta in the heart of the world famous Banff National Park.
· prepare and cook individual dishes and foods;
· ensure quality of food proportions;
· work with minimal supervision;
· prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances;
· work with specialized cooking equipment;
· This is a fast-paced environment!
- To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
- To be responsible for the preparation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high-quality dishes.
- To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
Education: Completion of high school
Work experience: at least 1 year fast paced line cooking
Due to our location in Banff National Park, the Post Hotel provides all employees with staff housing. For this reason, we are unable to accommodate potential candidates who have families with children.
We will only consider applications from candidates who are Citizens, Permanent Residents or Foreign Nationals who are eligible to work in Canada.
Terms of employment: Permanent/Full Time (40 hours/week)
Wage: $18/hour to start and up depending on experience
Staff Accommodation Available: Single, private rooms $550/month or Shared (2 people per room) $375 per month.
Contract length: 6 months
Expected start date: 2021-11-18
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Freelance
Salary: From $18.50 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Are you willing to relocate to Lake Louise, Alberta?
- only applicants with valid work status in Canada will be accepted.
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)