As part of the family-centered, multidisciplinary team the Kitimat Community Development Centre (KCDC) is seeking dedicated, motivated and positive individual(s) to provide childcare services at our Stepping Stones Childcare Centre’s new location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality care for children
- Work as a team in cooperation with Supported Childcare Educators and under the supervision of the Program Manager and Daycare Manager
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues, community service providers and families
- Supervise children during indoor and outdoor activities
- Plan, maintain, and ensure an environment that protects the health, security, privacy, and well-being of children
- Maintain childcare equipment to ensure they are safe and clean
- Light housekeeping and cooking duties
- Guide and assist children in the development of daily care routines
- Plan and lead educational activities and lessons.
- Assist in keeping records &reports up-to-date and accurate,
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress, problem solving, sharing of knowledge and learning opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
Early Childhood Educators Specific:
- A valid certificate or diploma to practice in British Columbia in Early Childhood Education or
- Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate or
- Health Safety and Nutrition Course
- Preferred experience working with children in a childcare setting
- Strong working knowledge with the legal requirements of childcare programs
- Red Cross Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR
- Ability to plan, prepare and implement developmentally appropriate activities based on interests of the child that will meet their physical, cognitive, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs
- Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s developmental needs and learning processes
- Facilitate group activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well in team-based environment
Work Conditions, Physical Capabilities and Personal Suitability:
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Reliability and dependability
- Motivation to continue their education in the childcare field
- Criminal Record check
- Available Monday to Friday
- Able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Food Safe
- Knowing you are a helpful influence, in creating a positive difference, in the lives of young children!
- Great Team Environment!
- Benefit Coverage including Extended Health & Dental after successful completion of KCDC policy requirements
- Gain valuable experience
- Opportunity for professional development
- Having fun with children! Play is an essential role in children’s development. Through a developing curriculum, children are given the opportunity to engage in developmentally appropriate learning activities while spending time exploring their world through play in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Employment opportunities are part-time and full-time. Wages available upon request as they are dependent on qualifications.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter by 26 July 2019, Attention: Sarina Germuth. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)