ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking a motivated, enthusiastic team player to join our national Marketing & Business Development Group as a Communications Co-ordinator.
Working as part of a talented and dynamic team, the successful candidate will combine their exceptional writing and editing skills, keen eye for detail and relentless curiosity to contribute to a variety of communications projects that support the firm’s strategic marketing and business development goals.
This position can be based out of Gowling WLG’s Ottawa or Toronto office.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Write, edit and produce a range of marketing communications pieces that convey key messages, tell creative and compelling stories, align with the firm brand, and resonate with target audiences. These could include but are not limited to news releases and announcements, professional biographies, website content, advertising copy, brochures/marketing collateral, intranet stories, internal messages and client event invitations.
- Create and upload website content such as professional biographies, news items, service descriptions and thought leadership pieces to firm website using content management system.
- Deliver communications support to Marketing & BD colleagues and legal professionals across the firm, including providing advice and recommendations on tactics and approaches.
- Stay current on the latest tools, tactics and developments in the marketing and communications fields, particularly in relation to the legal and professional services industries; proactively apply this knowledge when advising internal clients.
- Co-ordinate special projects as required.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English or a related field.
- At least two years of relevant experience in communications, journalism/media, public relations or a related field.
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills, with a strong grasp of grammar, spelling, punctuation and style (Canadian Press); must have a meticulous eye for detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel); previous experience with web content management systems and email marketing platforms will be considered an asset.
- Strategic and solutions-oriented approach to challenges.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and deliver exceptional work in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to exceed expectations and provide outstanding client service.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.