Leads the brand team & digital with a focus on growing and optimizing brand performance and leveraging private label opportunities. Acts as the brand steward in terms of strategy, voice, innovation, communication mediums, and return on investment. Overall responsibility for all agencies working on our branded business
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Develops long-term and short-term brand and private label strategy including working with the executive team to determine brand priorities and portfolio mix to optimize growth and profitability to deliver best sale.
- Responsible for delivery of total branded performance in terms of annual sales and profit budgets as well as hitting awareness, penetration, frequency, loyalty, reach and other marketing targets.
- Owns the brand innovation plans including setting the innovation agenda based on consumer insights and trends as determined through leading research and assessing market and industry data and trends working closely with Sales and New Product Development.
- Leads marketing’s relationship with sales, ensuring continuous communication, alignment on key projects, and a high service level in terms of delivering marketing and brand support for customer presentations to drive distribution, gain listings, or launch new products.
- Determines brand priorities including determining funding between brands and categories based on business objectives and expected return on investment.
- Manages partnership approach with agencies to ensure resources are being managed effectively, Maple Lodge Farms is a preferred customer in terms of service provided, ensuring agencies are motivated and excited to work with us, and that we are open, honest, and fair to our partners.
- Reviews retail pricing and costing to make pricing, delisting, and reformulation recommendations to ensure continued profitability.
- Acts as the Brand Manager on the Zabiha Halal brand in terms of the planning and execution of the annual marketing plan, budget management, tracking monthly performance and providing corrective actions, managing sponsorships, developing brand positioning, briefing and execution of campaigns, and conducting consumer research.
- Works with Special Events to develop sponsorship and events strategy in line with brand priorities as well as assist with the development of new and unique experiential brand experiences.
- Brings new marketing and branding techniques to the forefront, including sharing case studies and conducting testing and sharing results.
- Leads digital marketing strategy with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure that we are leveraging digital platforms and continuously improving our performance in terms of social engagement.
- Provides an overall people management for the Brand team which involves:
o Establishing goals and priorities and managing the activities and work of direct reports and ensuring that this is completed for their subordinates.
o Evaluating their performance by providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
o Taking responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources functions for team including hiring, onboarding, performance management and disciplinary matters.
o Developing the teams’ capabilities through continue don-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching.
- Minimum 8 years of marketing experience managing a business-to-business or business-to-consumer retail brand including management experience.
- Must have experience managing multiple brands as well as managing relationships with creative and media agencies.
- Knowledge of all standard marketing principles.
- Experience working in CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) companies is required, and experience with other ethnic or halal brands is an asset.
- Must be able to travel locally as required, approximately 4-6 times a year for customer presentations, regional research, and industry shows.
- Ability to work / excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
- General computer skills (MS Office)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in business, marketing major preferred
- Building Trust - Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
- Building High Performance Teams - Recruits and retains high-performing talent, sets high standards for performance and ultimately creates a collaborative culture.
- Coaching & Mentoring Others - Supports the growth of others by providing regular feedback, fostering connections, and formulating individualized development plans.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.