Do you enjoy taking risks and challenging the status quo? Do you strive to be amongst the best? Are you a problem solver who enjoys getting to the bottom of difficult situations? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental Printing, the Printing Sector of TC Transcontinental (TSX: TCL.A TCL.B), is the largest printer in Canada and one of the largest in North America. This sector has over 4,300 employees and possesses a network of 16 state-of-the-art plants.
TC Transcontinental Printing provides an integrated service offering for retailers, including premedia services, flyer and in-store marketing product printing, and door-to-door distribution through Publisac in Québec and Targeo, a pan-Canadian distribution brokerage service. This sector also offers an array of innovative print solutions for newspapers, magazines, 4-colour books and personalized and mass marketing products. For more information, visit TC Transcontinental's website at www.tc.tc
About this opportunity
Reporting to Director of Technology and Solutions, the intermediate JAVA Developer will be working in a Java Enterprise environment (with possibility of working on side projects in .NET environment). Main responsibilities will include implementation of new features, change requests and bug fixes of in-house developed enterprise solution. Successful candidate will be required to participate in code reviews, provide feedback and contribute with process improvements as well as understand business and technical requirements for existing and new solutions. Candidate will be working closely with other team members within solutions team.
What you will do
- Develop and unit test moderate to complex programs/modules according to specific business and design requirements for in-house developed enterprise solution
- Deliver on enhancements/product progression projects on time and on budget per project plan
- Provide support and enhancements to existing production applications to minimize outage time and increase effectiveness of business
- Liaise with architects, Leads, QA, Analysts, and Project Managers to define software requirements; and to assess feasibility of solution within time constraints
- Produce code that is secure, reliable, reusable and scalable
- Create implementation instructions and support application deployments
- Work with QA and Product team to review problems, define and test solutions.
- Follow industry standards in application development, secure coding, and testing
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or IT related field
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in OOAD, Service Oriented Architecture and Web-based development. 5+ years’ experience in web application development ; Java and servlets essential 4+ years’ experience; GWT experience 2+ years highly valued
- Knowledge of web technologies, protocols and methodologies including Java, GWT, HTML 5, CSS, XML, responsive design, Java-script, Ajax & Glassfish
- Knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL and MS SQL
- Experience with IDE such as IntelliJ and Eclipse and build tools such as Gradle, Ant, Maven, sub-versioning, & unit testing
- Excellent analytical problem diagnosis, investigation and solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required (ability to receive and provide feedback a must)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and under tight deadlines is a must
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs;
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us
Job Type: Full-time
- Java Developer: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)