Community Living Mississauga
Description of Organization
Community Living Mississauga provides a number of different supports for people who have an intellectual disability, including residential, respite, employment resources, community engagement, supported independent living and day programs.
Description of Position
Working under the guidance of a Manager, this position is responsible for both the individualized support of individuals as directed in their personal support plans as well as for demonstrating leadership, accountability and the ability to mentor within a support team. This position requires flexibility to work one week of evenings and one weekend per month.
Description of Duties
- Provide direct (may include personal care as required) and indirect support to individuals as required
- Mentor and role model to ensure that the team is actively working on goals for each individual
- Monitor day to day activities in relation to the quality and dignity of support being provided to individuals
- Work closely and liaise with the Manager in identifying all needs, or any issue preventing quality support to individuals
- Problem solve and collaborate with co-workers and manager as necessary in seeking solutions to day to day and ongoing issues
- Coordinate and ensure completion of legislative requirements such as Health & Safety Inspections, monthly critical checklists, etc.
- Mentor and role model good Health and Safety practices
- Responsible for orientation of support staff in accordance with the onsite Orientation Process
- Responsible for the day to day budgeted expenditures
- Oversee and contribute to the day to day home maintenance ensuring that it is safe, clean and maintained in an image enhancing manner and ensure that the maintenance/repair protocols are followed
- Ensure that vehicle and all equipment is maintained as per manufacturer’s guidelines
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience working with people who have an intellectual disability
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance
- Valid First Aid/CPR certificate is required
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong computer skills
- Fluent in French an asset
. Male Exempt
- Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, B.A. in Social Sciences, or a university degree in unrelated area plus 1 year experience in social services field
- A minimum of 1 year experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
We provide competitive compensation, robust training programs and opportunities for career development.
While we thank everyone for their interest in Community Living Mississauga, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Mississauga recognizes that individuals who have a disability use methods other than standard print to access information. Community Living Mississauga will provide this job posting, or other employment related documentation, as needed or requested, in a format that takes into account the person’s disability, such as plain language, large print, Braille, etc.