Work for One of BC's Top Employers!
DLA Piper (Canada) LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada and around the world. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan.
We are currently looking for a Paralegal - Wills Planning/Drafting to join our Taxation & Estates department in our Vancouver office. This is a busy position and department, and best suited for someone who enjoys a high pace of work and who has highly developed organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting lawyers practicing trust, estate and incapacity planning law;
- estate and incapacity planning documents including wills, insurance declarations, RRSP/RRIF designations, powers of attorney, representation agreements, personal declarations and nominations of committee;
- family, alter ego and joint partner trust deeds and associated documents including trustee resolutions, deeds of appointment, deeds of gift and deeds of amendment of trust;
- reporting packages for estate and trust planning matters; and
- letters, emails and other communications to clients, financial institutions and trust companies;
- Organizing trust and estate planning projects from initial intake to reporting;
- Maintaining estate planning and trust records;
- Performing land title, corporate and other searches to obtain information regarding personal property, and estate and trust assets; and
- Other duties as required.
What We Offer:
- Health benefits including extended health and dental, life insurance, AD&D, short and long term disability and emergency out-of-country travel
- Retirement savings benefits including a support staff pension plan (firm contributes to the plan and matches staff contributions to a maximum percentage of salary), and a Group RRSP where staff contributions can be deducted directly from pay
- Time off including competitive vacation time offering based on tenure with the firm and acknowledgment of all statutory and some non-statutory holidays
- Wellness benefits including an Employee and Family Assistance Plan and an annual fitness benefit
- Support for professional development expenses
- Team environment with staff events and celebrations!
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Experience in a Paralegal or Legal Administrative Assistant role preferred;
- Paralegal certification preferred;
- Experience with Wills and Estates preferred;
- Able to compose standard letters and other documents with minimal supervision;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Dedicated to providing high quality service;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both lawyers and clients;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent