Valley Carriers is looking for full time Class 1 Super B drivers for Interior Division. This position is Monday to Friday, graveyard hours, starting at approx. 5pm.
We are a multi-generational, family owned trucking and specialty transportation company with hubs based in Merritt and Abbotsford BC, and operations reaching into Alberta and Washington state. We haul wood residuals, soil, bark mulch, grain, mushroom manure and more. Currently we have a fleet size of nearly fifty trucks and employ over 100 people.
This position would be based out of the Okanagan area (Westbank), hauling wood residuals into Washington state. Our ideal candidate is someone that matches the skill set listed below:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow direction, and complete assigned tasks on time
- Experience using E-logs
- Able to drive a standard transmission
- Has a clean driver's abstract
- Physically able to complete job tasks such as climbing ladders, pulling tarps, lifting etc.
- Desire to be safe and reliable
- Has a positive attitude, and a team player
- Must have a valid passport or enhanced driver's license to cross US border
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, and random testing throughout the year
- Comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Super B experience
- Be home daily, full time, year round work
- Paid training
- 100% Employer paid extended health and dental benefits (after 3 months)
- Annual Costco membership (after 3 months)
- RRSP/DPSP program (after 3 months)
- Driver referral bonus program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Safety and Compliance Quarterly Bonus
Please submit resume and current abstract.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- Super B driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 1 Driving: 2 years (Required)