Join our Strength and Conditioning team at the Training House located in the new Kal Tire Place North location in beautiful Vernon, BC.
We are an athletic focussed facility and an UNDER ARMOUR SPONSORED FACILITY. We dedicate much of our training to ICE HOCKEY athletes but also provide training for Volleyball, Soccer, Dance, Football, Lacrosse and Equestrian athletes. We help provide you with clients, and currently have teams needing a certified trainer (experience with Youth Athletics is a benefit).
* To qualify for this position, flexible hours are needed (especially evenings).
If you are passionate about Strength & Conditioning, actively continuing your education, working along side a team environment, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. Bonus points if you have a good sense of humour and enjoy a good belly laugh!
- Hourly pay of $20-$50 per session,
- Benefits Included
- Free Training House membership included for you and a friend/spouse
- Free and Discounted Under Armour clothing
- Ongoing education and growth opportunities
- The support of a company that values a healthy work-life, and family balance
- Min. 1 year of (floor) experience as a personal trainer and applied personal fitness regimen required
- Have and maintain a current personal fitness training certification. Accepted certifications include: CanFit, BCRPA, CPTN, C.H.E.K. Institute, DTS, NSCA-CPT, CSEP-CPT, FMS, NASM, ACE, ISSA, IYCA, or comparable certification – certificates required PRIOR to hire
- Current certification in CPR-LEVEL C, AED and First Aid is required
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Neat in Appearance
- Willing to learn
- Desire to ensure your client has a rewarding fitness and overall experience, remaining engaged in achieving their goals within the gym, and in their lives outside the gym
- Discipline, self-motivated, and able to balance priorities
- Results-oriented, energetic, and a positive team player
- Commitment to continual personal and professional development, role-modelling and teaching about a healthy lifestyle and exercise techniques to your clients
- Basic business skills to build professional credibility, maintain and attract new clients, develop rapport and build relationships to make clients happy and generate revenue
- Organized, with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good work ethic, reliable, self-motivated, punctual and able to effectively multi-task
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in achieving common goals, and personal targets assigned for personal training revenue and renewals
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Personal Training: 1 year (Required)