HOURS: FULL-TIME, 7:30-4:00 PM
BENEFITS: AFTER 3 MONTHS
LOCATION: LANGLEY, BC
FAMILY OWNED COMPANY
SALARY: BASED ON EXPERIENCE
MECHANICAL SEALS , ROTARY JOINTS , VALVES AND PRODUCTION
This position is responsible for the timely execution of all estimates and work-order demands in the Mechanical Seal Shop, Rotary Joints, Valves and the Gasket Production Shop. Ensure that production in those shops meet the quality and performance standards established by the company.
- Read and interpret work orders and/or follow verbal instructions. Understand the QA requirement to follow work-order special instructions and/or control drawings prior to following bill-of-material specifications.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and specifications to determine work procedures.
- Ensure work-orders are completed as scheduled.
- Set up machine/tooling/material, and machine operation required for work-order production; perform minor machine adjustments as required.
- Build, fit, assemble, and finish products as instructed on work-orders, on time and within established labor time standards.
- Actively follow all QA processes for in-process and final quality control as per published standards and procedures; maintain QA inspection reports.
- Transport and sort raw materials, finished products, and/or scrap materials; maintain material tractability, inventory count accuracy, and product identification.
- Maintain product packaging and labeling.
- Daily upkeep of machine, work area, and remnant storage areas.
- Report to Production Manager on suggestions for improvement within the area.
- Assist in training new workers.
- Help maintain cross training in gasket manufacturing and assist in times of over-capacity
- May serve on safety committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Skills: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)