MakeItMetal is a rapidly growing international metal veneer manufacturer that has been designing and distributing high quality finishes since 2010. Our customers include high end architects, designers, builders and millwork companies. Our products have been widely recognised for their ability to bring exciting metal finishes to almost any project at a fraction of the cost of solid metal. Headquartered in St Catharines, Ontario, we offer a rewarding work environment within a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for a Veneer Finisher to join our manufacturing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This Veneer Finisher role is responsible for spraying primer, metalizing mixture and clear-coat onto clients’ items and panels. The Veneer Finisher produces a consistent veneer and ensures safety and quality standards are maintained in the spray booth at all times. The Veneer Sprayer/Finisher will work with the Production Team by using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to perform a series of operations to efficiently produce high quality metal finishes and ensure that his/her output meets clients’ signed-off control samples. This is a full-time position and a non-exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities follows:
- Utilize air sanders, sanding blocks, buffers, etc. to complete quality work
- Ensure that all spraying operations are complete, all masking is removed and all prior paint-related disassembly has been reassembled prior to moving to the finishing department.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to VP Operations.
- Work closely with management team to resolve finishing issues.
- Observe, maintain, coordinate and complete standard work.
- Ensure that quality inspections are performed, and related paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts with VP Operations.
- Sustain lean manufacturing and 5S activities.
- Participate as an active member of the Production Team (sanding, buffing, antiquing), as required.
- Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the company’s management team.
- Follow detailed work instructions, processes and procedures.
- Complete required documentation relating to business or regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions, job flow and prevent rework.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 5 years of related experience with specialty finishes, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with others collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience.
- Wood or metal sanding experience desired.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
- $18/hr - $24/hr (depending on experience)
- Overtime (occasional / adhoc)
- Life Insurance / AD&D Benefits
- Medical Benefits (family)
- Dental / Vision-care Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour
- specialty finishes: 5 years (Preferred)