This is a great opportunity for a general accounting clerk skilled in AP, AR, payroll, reconciliations, government remittances, etc.
Fluent with QuickBooks cloud and desktop accounting systems is highly desirable.
In the position you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Provide bookkeeping and clerical assistance to the Principal, including but not limited to AP, Data entry for payroll, reconciling bank and credit cards.
- General Ledger
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Month-end closing procedures
- HST filings
- Bi-Weekly payroll preparation including remittance & WSIB
- Performing additional accounting duties as required
- Filing and Document Management
- Cash flow management
- Administrative support
- Ensure timely follow up with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth operating of client finances;
- Act as backup to other department positions, assist department by answering phone and directing caller to appropriate person; filing in a professional and timely manner.
- Follow up with clients re accounts receivable issues
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize duties while multi-tasking
- Manage client relations: answering telephone and email inquiries
This position will require access to a vehicle.
- accounting / bookkeeping: 2 years (required)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (required)
- Multi-tasking Individual with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience using accounting software (It is an asset).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- High level of professionalism and ability to interact with various levels of internal and external clients.
- High attention to detail with ability to produce quality work while meeting deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)