We are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer or CFO to perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy.
You must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and strategist.
You will report directly to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
The goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
Chief Financial Officer Responsibilities
- Develop financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
- Drive the company's financial planning.
- Execute the financial strategy of the company.
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures.
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organizations liabilities and investments.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organizations operations.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities and staff requirements.
- Identify monetary resources and ensure all revenues are profitable.
- Establish critical measurements.
- Identify profit/loss areas and establish areas for improvement.
- Control and evaluate the company's revenue plans and capital structure.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly financial reports.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance federal, Provincial and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA)
· 3-5 years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position
· Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Excel
· Exceptional communication skills
· Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)