Aug 9, 2019
Quality Management and Testing
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
The Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Quality Assurance (QA) team forms a critical role in the execution of functional and regression testing on behalf of the Global Transaction Reporting team. The team is undergoing transformation within its structure as it focuses heavily on increasing its automation testing capability. The role will be heavily focused on working as part of a core automation team, where individuals are in part aligned to specific regulatory reporting obligations, and developing automated testing solutions to enable the reduction in manual effort currently incurred as part of the functional and regression testing process.
With regulatory transaction reporting being a high focus agenda item within the firm and industry at large (with high profile monetary fines in the press in recent months) the firm is committed to increasing the quality of its automation capability to ensure that the firm demonstrates robust and thoughtfully architected testing solutions.
The successful candidate will form part of this critical team focused on delivering on this agenda.
- To work closely with business/operations clients and the Testing Business Analyst on defining test case and ensuring test cases are implemented on the automated testing tools
- To be heavily involved in the development and maintenance of a Java based application testing tool, and transition/ownership of the tool into the GTR QA organization
- To be the regional QA automation test SME representing GTR in North America, and to work closely with regional counterparts in Europe and Asia on the ongoing development of the testing automation process and its application in the team’s book of work
- To be GTR QA automation representative on regional based projects in North America, for example Consolidate Audit Trail, CFTC 2.0, etc., with active participation within the testing elements of those projects
- In conjunction with the North America Testing Business Analyst, to actively promote and drive the testing process in North America. Working closely with clients to promote early engagement of QA resources in the project as part of the teams overall transition to an Agile Squad based organizational structure
- To participate in, and contribute to, the ongoing DevOps/SRE discussions and initiatives where required
- To be solutions-driven and happy to lead and coach other Test automation engineers/analysts with varying experience
- Take overall responsibility of all test automation activities, support and maintain test automation framework with respect to implementation of new features, existing features or bug fixes
- 8 years of experience in an Java Application developer role
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to code and maintain back-end automation frameworks written in distributed programming languages such as: Java, Angular, Selenium
- Ability to design end to end testing frameworks
- Ability to define and automate a functional tests using TDD, BDD framework (such as: Concordian / JBehave / Cucumber)
- Proficient in traditional RDBMS schema concepts and SQL
- Experience working in a QA Automation team, building testing scripts
- Strong communiation skills
- Experience working in Financial Services
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.