The incumbent will provide casual administrative support assistance in the Faculty of Health Disciplines (FHD). This position will report directly to the Assistant to the Dean, FHD. Duties will include, but are not limited to assisting in reconciling accounts, data entry, meeting logistics, and general office duties.
- Perform administrative and clerical functions under the direction of the Assistant to the Dean to support FHD finance processes.
- Prepare invoices for payments, including match, compile, sort, and track invoices and contracts for service;
- Data entry, which may include AU Systems (ie: Banner Finance) and excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with quarterly reports and year end processes; this will include run reports from various university online systems; create and maintain spreadsheets to track revenue, expenses.
- Assist with organizing Faculty meetings and events held throughout the year. This will include, but not be limited to, Faculty meetings, retreat and graduation banquet.
- Assist with reporting and maintaining subscriptions and memberships within the Faculty.
- General office duties which may include streamline, organize, and maintain both hard copy and electronic files, scanning documents, opening and distributing mail, filing, phone coverage as requested.
- Post secondary education in office administration and a minimum of 2 years related work experience. Post secondary educational institution experience is preferred. An equivalent combination education and administrative experience will be considered.
- Working knowledge of Athabasca University’s computer systems (ie: Banner, SSB is preferable; a willingness and ability to learn computer systems is essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including word, excel, office 365.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to manage several tasks at once, set priorities, maintain accuracy, and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- The incumbent must deal with highly confidential information, and must adhere to University policies.
To apply for this position, please visit: http://athabascau.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?ID=1108
All educational credentials must be recognized in Canada.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, and Landed Immigrants will be given priority.
Please note that only applications received through our online recruitment system will be accepted. You must include your resume and letter of application when applying, along with the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
Job Type: Casual