The Technical Manager; Rescue Services is responsible for the development and progression of field personnel committed to High Angle rescue services as well as the quality assurance of the High Angle training program, associated equipment and other related items that support this service line.
Directly report to: General Manager – Western Canada
- Must be certified to instruct all HSE Integrated approved rescue courses to the following candidates;
- Internal – HSE Integrated field personnel, this includes refresher training
- External – Client personnel
- Provide logistical assessments and technical support for ongoing Client based projects and/or to assist Sales for quoting phase
- Provide technical support during events or scenarios where clarification is required for elements such as methods/systems, required equipment and resource allocation.
- Consult with Station level Sales, field and/or management personnel as required to execute quality rescue service requirements
- Conduct personnel evaluations; during training and live operations in an effort to maintain department standards
- Provide assistance during the needs assessment process and rescue plan build phase of Client based projects.
- Fill rescue personnel role for revenue generation projects when manpower is at maximum utilization.
- Ensure organizational compliance as they relate to rescue services and equipment with;
- Provincial and federal legislation
- Designated governing rescue groups
- SOP/SOG documents
- Current rescue techniques, systems and equipment
- Additional responsibilities;
- Ensure Station level compliance and/or assist with the following;
- Ordering and purchasing of rescue equipment
Managers Safety Responsibilities
- Do everything reasonable to ensure the health and safety of the workers under their supervision
- Ensure all workers under their direction are: adequately trained in the given task, knowledgeable of the with equipment and effectively supervised throughout the job
- Maintain cyclical and as required safety tasks as directed by the health and safety program and jurisdictional health and safety legislation
- Regularly communicate with employees regarding occupational health and safety, observing performance for compliance to the program
- Immediately notify and liaise with the Health and safety department regarding OH&S visits, inspection or inquiries and health or safety related incidents
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Industrial environments, performing High Rescue in a Lead position with a great working knowledge of associated processes
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Physically capable of working in adverse weather environments and condition
- Strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the training courses offered by HSE
- Experience in the full cycle sales process
Required Certifications & Training
- NFPA 1006 (Rope Rescue) Level 1 and 2
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid/CPR Level C
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS-9)
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO)
- Valid unrestricted license with full driving privileges in the province of issue for the specified class of vehicle to be operated on behalf of the company or a higher class of license than that of the vehicle to be operated.
- Coordinator /leadership training
*Additional training and certifications may be necessary to meet client specifications.
Job Type: Full-time