As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will work with the System Architect and development team to support the design/implementation of solutions on the Salesforce.com platform. Primarily using Salesforce.com (SFDC), you are always looking to transform design solutions into working deliverables, and drive continuous improvement in our development processes.
- Configure, customize, and develop object oriented software for the Salesforce.com (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud etc)
- Design and implement enhancements including creation of custom objects, Apex classes, triggers, workflows.
- Design, develop and maintain VisualForce, AppExchange, Force.com pages and integration with on premise or third party solutions using Web Services.
- Perform declarative configuration work as required, including definition and implementation of Org-wide defaults, Roles, User Profiles, Security, Record Ownership rules, Sharing Rules, to support business needs.
- Design and develop well architected, robust automated systems and frameworks ensuring high quality of code; Design scalable systems with performance and security in mind
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies and supporting products
- Conduct periodic software continuous improvement cycles
- lead technical activities for complex projects in a cross functional environment
- Challenge, mentor and guide developers on applying Salesforce development best practices
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures which are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- work with other technical team members, business analysts, and leaders to support translating business deliverables into technical outcomes
- Create and document technical requirements, design specifications, and unit/integration test plans for functional and technical completeness and accuracy.
- Make recommendations to improve product quality, reliability, performance, and scalability
- Independently perform development, testing, implementation, and documentation as it relates to Salesforce.com software and Force.com platform.
- Participate in technical activities for complex projects in a cross functional environment; Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams
- Troubleshoot issues, manage ongoing Tier II/III support requests and administrative needs of users through Cases in SFDC; Assist SFDC Administrator in high volume periods as required.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years of experience in software application development using: APEX, Visual Force, HTML, Java Script, Informatica, SQL other programming languages (Familiarity with other object oriented languages: Java, PHP, ASP.NET, Angular JS etc., and design patterns is considered an asset)
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a SFDC Developer with system administration experience
- Experience across various Salesforce clouds (Sales, Marketing, Communities, Service and Platform clouds etc.) as well as solid development and implementation experience on the Salesforce platform (Apex, VisualForce, etc.)
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using web services and app exchange apps including SOA integration technologies (web services, WSDL, SOAP, REST)
- Experience with infrastructure tools (integration infrastructure, MDM, BI & reporting, data replication, application server infrastructure, and ETL) is considered an asset.
- Experience mentoring juniors, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
Experience with the following:
- developing, automating, web-services and working in an SaaS environment
- developing/designing automation, utilities, and helper frameworks
- Integration experience on Salesforce.com using SOAP and REST API’s
- authentication and authorization protocols, familiarity with LDAP and SSL
- Working with Apex Scheduling, Batch processes, Apex Class controllers & Triggers with Governor Limits
- versioning control (we use BitBucket) and continuous integrations tools such Jenkins, ANT, git, or subversion
- Salesforce deployment tools is considered an asset (Copado, Gearset etc)
- CPQ (Vlocity is considered an asset)
- Infomatica is a considered an asset
- Oracle 10g/11g, MySQL, and other database products is an asset
- MS Exchange/SFDC integration is considered an asset
- Agile Development, SCRUM, or XP methodologies
- Database query and scripts
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in completing tasks, attention to detail.
- Ability to translate technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- able to multi-task and problem solve; Ability to manage time and handle urgent interruptions with poise and professionalism
- Ability to learn new technologies when needed and apply existing knowledge to current tasks.
- able to develop strong relationships with stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Possess an understanding of sales, marketing, care (support) processes
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Bilingual (French and English) both in written and verbal communication preferred
Required Professional Designation / Certification
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or equivalent experience
- Certified SFDC System Administrator and/or Certified SFDC DeveloperMust have skills:
1. 8+ years of hands on experience with Salesforce development
3. Bilingual (French and English)
4. Deep understanding of SFDC programming environments (Apex, VisualForce, etc.);
Nice to have skills:
1. Formal Salesforce certification(s).
2. Excellent communication and analytical skills;
3. The ability to work independently as well as part of a geographically distributed team;
4. Experience of SFDC knowledge management, communities, live agent
Job Type: Contract
- Salesforce development: 8 years (Required)