About the County
"Bold and beautiful Bruce County... a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation."
About the Job
Reporting to the Foreman the Truck Driver position involves operating snow plows/sanders in the winter months. Shift work will be required. The successful candidate for this position must be reliable and able to work independently. Must be able to report to the shop within thirty (30) minutes of call-ins.
Twenty three (23) Guaranteed Hours for regular operators.
Weekend Only positions available.
$24.99 per hour
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
Preference will be given to returning Seasonal employees.
Minimum Grade 12 education
- Computer experience
- Minimum DZ license required (AZ license an asset)
- Must have a clean, safe driving record (recent driver’s abstract will be required)
- Experience driving in adverse winter conditions
- Experience driving a plow/sander unit
- Experience operating a loader
- Physically able to perform manual labour tasks, including heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Must be able to report to the assigned Shop within approximately thirty (30) minutes of call
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to barrier-free employment practices. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
County of Bruce
Transportation & Environmental Services
Oct 08, 2019
Nov 01, 2019
Type Description Status
GRADE 12 Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificate Required Before Job Starts
DRIVEX 0 Experience Driving / Operating Required Before Job Starts
DRIVE AZ Drivers License Recommended
DRIVE DZ Drivers License Required Before Job Starts