RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
We are seeking an experienced data analyst to conduct statistical analyses for observational research in HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) among men who have sex with men. The position will be at the Montreal Regional Public Health Department and affiliated with the Centre For Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) of the RI-MUHC. Analyses will primarily be based in the Engage Cohort Study (https://www.engage-men.ca/), a CIHR funded (2019-2023) prospective multisite cohort study of over 2000 men who have sex with men in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Our research interests focus on antiretroviral based prevention uptake and the effects on HIV and STI occurrence as well as access to HIV prevention and care interventions on other health and psychosocial-behavioral outcomes in this population.
- Applying advanced methods to analyze longitudinal data (e.g. survival analyses, multilevel modeling, repeated measures analyses, causal inference, etc.),
- Assisting in the development of analysis plans and undertaking data analyses,
- Interpreting and summarizing statistical analyses and results,
- Generating publication quality reports and graphics,
- Conducting literature reviews,
- Preparing conference presentations, academic manuscripts and technical reports,
- Ensuring data integrity and quality,
- Interacting with team members, including database support staff,
- Liaising with external data managers, statisticians, investigators, students and trainees collaborating with Engage,
- Participating in the formal and informal instruction of graduate and post-doctoral students, and clinician researchers,
- Under the supervision of the research coordinator, assisting in other aspects of data collection and study operations (e.g., assist in developing tools for data collection etc.).
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Master’s degree in statistics, epidemiology or public health, with at least 2 years of experience in data analysis preferred,
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and epidemiology,
- Experience with statistical modeling and data analysis (at least 2 years is preferred),
- Strong programming skills in R and knowledge of various statistical R-packages (knowledge of SAS and/or STATA is an asset),
- Strong organizational and communication skills,
- Attention to detail and to quality,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work both independently and within a team,
- Excellent command of both English and French, both spoken and written.
Temporary, Full-time (35-hour workweek). One year contract, with a possibility of a renewal
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience
9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
Montreal Regional Public Health Department, 1301 rue Sherbrooke Est
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.