- Room Cleaning experience-Hotel or Commercial property preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take direction from supervisors and management
- Ability to take initiative for guest satisfaction and employ empowerment
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accountable for maintaining room standards
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to handle complaints and take corrective action
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Adherence to company’s grooming/uniform policy
- Adherence to company policies/procedures
- Positive guest interaction
- Positive staff interaction
- Must be able to work all shifts including days, evenings, weekends and ALL holidays
- Ability to be physically active
- Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods (8 to 10 hours)
- Ability to lift up to 23 kg/ 50 lbs.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The Room Attendant works under the direction of the Rooms Division Manager
To provide a high standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel while creating a safe environment for our guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean guest bedrooms and bathrooms
- Vacuum guest bedrooms
- Change and replenish bed linen, towels and guest amenities in line with company guidelines
- Greet guests and take care of requests
- Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances
- Turn in any items left by guests in check out rooms
- Assist other departments with cleaning when required
- Restock housekeeping cart and return to storage room
- Comply with OMT Hotel's Standards to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bring to the attention of Human Resources any safety hazards or potential safety hazards which are in need of attention. In the event you do not see action, i.e. 24 hours, bring to the attention of Housekeeping Manager or your Joint Health & Safety Committee worker member
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to stand for 8 hours at a time
- Ability and willingness bend, stretch, reach, and push up to 20 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule which includes working on weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Old Mill Toronto Hotel Management Inc. is an equal opportunities employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status and is also committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of the recruitment and hiring process, accommodation for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Job Type: Part-time
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of cleaning experience do you have?
view cost & performance
find candidates for this job
Status: Paused – open
Created: Oct 6 2019
View public job page
Promote this job for more candidates:
Part-time hours: 8-24 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)