PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
- Freight Covered Every Day (Exceed customer on-time pick-up and delivery expectations; proactive analysis to prevent service failures)
- Customer Relationship (Consistent and professional communications; effective, prompt and courteous communications with respect to difficult situations, relaying service failures, etc.)
- Carrier Relationship (Productive carrier relationship development, AP Discrepancy resolution, cover loads, handling and management of difficult situations, etc.)
- Financial Procedures and Operating Metrics (Detention management, research/resolving invoice discrepancies, benchmark rate achievement, automation objectives, expedite decisions and cost, etc.)
- Review and correct in-bound shipment data integrity, i.e. ISD
- Leverages knowledge and understanding of Modes, Rates, Weights, Volumes, Pallets, Class etc. based on Customer's shipping requirements
- Verify shipment suitability, e.g. weight, size, product, special shipping requirements and make necessary adjustments
- Verify order readiness for shipments and change mode selection when necessary.
- Execute SPT and/or Shipment Planning when required
- Optimize Customer Orders into shipments in the most cost effective way (SPT and/or Shipment Planning)
- Coordinate and direct shipments and deliveries, including Shipper to Cross-dock, Cross-dock to DC, DC to DC, DC to Store, etc. to improve Customer/Carrier equipment utilization
- In the event automatic carrier assignment fails, utilize the tools available, e.g. the Freight Allocation Module, to select the appropriate carrier for the load.
- Secure appropriate capacity for load
o Leverage carrier relationship to influence capacity awards during tight markets
o Negotiate Spot-Rate Contracts for contracted carriers with whom the account does not normally do business.
o Initiate Carrier Contract process with Strategic Development when no other carrier is available to meet capacity needs.
o Communicate and gain approval for expedite shipments or any rate exceeding account specific benchmark threshold.
- Utilize the Transportation Management System (TMS) to its fullest potential in order to facilitate the life-cycle of an order
- Carrier Relationship Management
o Establish and maintain effective relationships with carriers contracted to the account as well as other carriers operating in your geographical region
o Communicate On-Time Service and other Carrier Performance to management and/or carrier contact as directed.
o Reinforce with Carrier Contacts proper utilization of EDI and the Carrier Portal
- Customer Relationship Management
o Establish and maintain effective relationships with shippers and receivers through professional and timely communications and inquiry responses
o Provide Rate Quotes for new lanes
o Train new customer and vendor users on the TMS, leveraging knowledge of customer business practices and workflow
- Financial and Operating Metrics
o Identify patterns with shipper, receiver and carrier performance and recommend actions for improvement
o Resolve financial discrepancies in TMS financials (Carrier invoice does not match in TMS and must be reviewed and make determination; make adjustments in TMS; and, respond to Accounting to deny or approve the additional funds, etc.)
o Upload and maintain current customer benchmark rates in TMS, OCA or SRG.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
- Upload and maintain current SRG/OCA rules.
- The "I am Transplace" Way (Protocols for answering the phone, e-mail, IM, etc. etiquette and professional standards)
- Geographical Expertise (Geographical understanding of the continental US, Mexico and Canada. Understanding of mileage as it relates to the passage of time, including DOT & Speed governance, including Transit time difference based on mode)
- Industry Expertise (Transportation industry knowledge, including key terminology; and, general knowledge of primary customer industries)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tools (Ability to leverage Excel and other MS programs, including Word, Outlook, Lync, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Customer's Business (Knowledge and understanding of the customer product, ability to flowchart the customer's basic supply chain, speak the customer's language and understand the customer's key service measures, etc.)
- Transplace Expertise (Understand and know the Mission, Values and Goals, organizational structure, company history, how we function internally, administration, best practices, processes, behavior, the complete Transplace order-to-cash, etc.)
- Working Knowledge and Utilization of the Transplace TMS
- Reporting and Analytics (Ability to run BI reports; validate information; understand report, and offer feedback and deliver insights to your manager and or customer contacts on the information contained within the report)
- Basic Math (Includes aptitude to learn how to calculate mileage as it relates to the passage of time)
- Service Orientation (Commits to and enjoys providing exceptional service to internal and external customers)
- This job will/will not require travel
- 2 – 4 Years of in Customer Service experience within the Transportation or Logistics Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Logistics or Supply Chain Management along with demonstrated customer service mindset may be substituted for work experience requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Equivalent
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of Transplace, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Upon Request, Transplace Canada will provide accommodation to a job applicant with a disability during its recruitment, assessment and selection process. If you require accommodation during this process please contact Tracey Fischer, HR Business Partner, Canada 905-338-4000.