We're on a mission to improve Student Life - savings for students every need! We're creative team-first attitude motivated with grassroots thinking that focuses on the solution to bring value to students, with our people at the center of what we do. We value building careers with an eager to learn attitude to support each other’s success - inside and outside the organization.
We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst that's passionate about everything related to data. The ideal candidate knows how to use analytical tools to analyze large datasets to better understand trends, patterns, and anomalies. You will collaborate with teams to assist with building reports and presentations of insights to help discover critical business opportunities. You’ll also work to present the data in a way that’s concise, appealing, and readable.
- Build Business Cases: Shape strategic business decisions by assisting in analyses on various metrics/business cases to drive growth and member engagement
- Data Visualization: Develop dashboards and automated reports to gather product insights and enable other teams to explore data sets to help answer questions or formulate stronger concepts/ideas.
- Cohort Building: Responding to ad-hoc requests from the executive, financial or marketing teams when insights into our data are needed.
- Help Grow the Business: Evolve loyalty into digital customer experience, define and oversee digital customer tools including App and Web
- Data Segmentation: Analyze and understand business requirements from multiple behavioural data sets
DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF:
- Data-Driven: Data is your passion and you have a good understanding of large datasets
- Analytical: Great ability to know what to search for, in regards to data correlations and understand how information from data can influence action
- Digitally Savvy: Someone who is passionate about the most current tools and tech trends CORE COMPETENCIES
- Learning Ability: The ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively.
- Creativity: The ability to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions, to adopt points of view outside the usual parameters.
- Planning and Organizing: The ability to determine goals and priorities and to assess the actions, time and resources needed to achieve those goals.
- Perseverance: The ability to hold on to views and plans of action despite adversity and constructive feedback.TECHNICAL ABILITIES
- Mixpanel or similar tools such as salesforce, amplitude, etc.
- Tableau REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma or Bachelors – in the field Data Science, Statistics, Math, Analytics, Economics, or, Self-taught with 3-4 years of working experience in the Data Science area
- 1 - 2 years experience building reports and dashboards
- Experience working with complex data sets in a professional or educational setting
Occasionally Travel between Vaughan and Downtown Toronto
- Health Benefits: Health Spending Account, Dental, Drug, Travel and Group Insurance Coverage
- VIP SPC Membership - Shop like a Student!
- Out of Office - Vacation Days and Personal Days
- Early Friday, Every Friday
- Flexible Schedule - work from home & alternate start times
- Company Sponsored Events
- Casual Dress Code
- Play Office DJ
- Team Lunches
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tableau: 1 year (Preferred)