A job with a difference, it's imagination in motion…
We are looking for an outbound Dispatcher for Heavy Haul. Dispatcher's are expected to be customer service focused, organized with a great attention to detail, and be reliable and self-motivated.
- Efficiently dispatch drivers to the destinations.
- Order permits for drivers as needed
- Input information into the computer with great attention to detail.
- Communicate with drivers providing all information regarding their loads.
- Communicate with drivers to input invoice number, mileage, and prices in the computer.
- Know customer base and the rates.
- Understand and provide appropriate estimated time of arrivals.
- Provide accurate rates and mileage to customers.
- Maintain communication with the customer to let them know status of their loads.
- Understand and provide accurate mapping information to the drivers if required.
- Communicate with drivers through email, text, and phone.
- Assist in developing plans to enhance the driver’s performance through management techniques.
- Ability to effectively handle pressure.
- Demonstrate responsiveness to requests from others and provide assistance when needed.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, and photocopy machine.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers and relevant staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Knowledge of all Open Deck Type equipment including Double Drops, Flatbed, Step Deck, Floats, Mini Decks, Boosters, Jeeps, Pin Ons, etc.
- Awareness of Highway traffic act including hours of service, weight restrictions etc.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his or her supervision.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ability to work Forklift or ability to learn.
This position has little to no supervisory responsibilities except assisting drivers.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two to three years’ previous experience preferred.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- dispatching: 2 years (required)