Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
As the Talent Acquisition Analyst, you will work with our Talent Team providing relevant reporting, metrics while looking for trends and gaps in the day to day operations of the team. You are driven by numbers and are well versed in creating dashboards which will help to support various Talent processes. You thoroughly enjoy complex problems, have demonstrated analytical and technical acumen and are intellectually curious.
- Provide the Talent Acquisition team with data to drive recruitment efforts
- Produce several reports per week to measure effectiveness of HR initiatives and report on organizational trends
- Help communicate TA information to the team partners and client groups
- Being able to extract a story from raw data, through in depth data analysis
- Partner and Collaborate with the People Systems team on data analysis and form an understanding of how our people systems work to ensure understanding of how this impacts talent acquisition systems
- Prepare, distribute, and present recruitment data and trends to business partners and senior leadership
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously, resolve conflicting priorities and deliver on tight timelines
- Identify opportunities to improve forecast accuracy or process efficiency
- Strong understanding of People data and systems; can synthesize and interpret sensitive data to help others understand the story it is telling
- Bachelor or Masters’ Degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or Finance, or related fields.
- Preference given to those with previous work experience in an analyst role, preferably Human Resources, or Strategy; background in workforce planning is also an asset.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and a quick learner
- Flexible work style and approach based on client needs
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and creatively solve problems
- Excellent communication with strong attention to detail
- Extraordinary organizational skills
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies and working with multiple data sources to generate insights from analyses.
- Expertise in Microsoft products (Power BI, Excel, Teams, SharePoint), and JDE or other HRIS platforms.
- Experience using recruitment ATS systems
- Detail-oriented with a strong statistical aptitude; proficiency with Microsoft products for efficient collaboration and secure data models.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
As a federally regulated company, the WestJet group of companies is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently-announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.