Educational/ Experience Requirements :
- Builds, enhances and nurtures customer relationships to secure customer loyalty and increase business.
- Has direct responsibility for dealer and local fleet accounts and meeting specified consignment, attendance and sales targets for those accounts including growing dealer attendance, increasing consignment and conversion rates, and expanding customer base within assigned territory.
- Assumes full responsibility for sale day functions which may include: meeting and greeting customers on auction day, representing dealer vehicles, arranging transport, reserving run numbers, preparing run lists, confirming run times and responding to customer inquiries.
- Resolves customer issues and complaints by taking immediate action independently or referring customer to appropriate manager.
- Promotes and sells value added services such as transportation, reconditioning, BPP, e-Business products and services, etc.
- Develops and implements marketing plans and special events.
- Persuasively explains to customers and prospective customers how company’s products and services can reduce customers’ costs and enhance their businesses.
- Provides customer training as required.
- Keeps up to date with information about product and service innovations, changing needs of customers, market conditions and competitors and adjusts sales strategy accordingly.
- Analyzes sales data, prepares reports and carries out other administrative duties associated with sales function.
- May also be involved in coordinating public sale activities.
- 3 to 5 years sales experience in the automotive or vehicle remarketing industry.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Goal oriented, persuasive and ability to persevere and remain positive when faced with obstacles.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Very good understanding of methods for promoting and selling products and services.
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- High School diploma required.
- College or University degree in related field of study recommended.
- Valid driver’s license in province of employment and good driving record.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and good aptitude with computers.
Qualified internal candidates please apply in Workday via the Career Worklet and then “Find Jobs at KAR”.
We thank all applicants, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ADESA Canada is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation
Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here .