As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing 'Patient Safety' and our hospital's 'Senior Friendly Strategies' as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and 'The Workplace of Choice'. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accomodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
Summary of responsibilities
Reporting to the Director Diagnostic Services and under the supervision of the Charge Therapist, the Registered Respiratory Therapist performs within the scope of practice established by the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario and the Regulated Health professions Act, Province of Ontario, as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care.
Requirements of the job
- Holds current Certificate of Registration from the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- Preferred C.S.R.T and R.T.S.O membership
- Holds current certification in BCLS, ACLS and NRP
- Maintains and enhances knowledge through attendance and participation at continuing education programs, seminars or other related activities
- Demonstrated recent experience relevant to the area of practice
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well with multiple interruptions.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet physical demands of position including lifting over 60 lbs. and withstand constant standing and/or walking
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Knowledge and expertise that pertains to respiratory care to provide quality client care
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French – and testing completed)
Are you interested in this job