Intergalactic is looking for a top-notch Intermediate-Senior UX Designer to work on a short-term 3-week contract with our Vancouver team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years as a UX specialist. The role has potential to lead into permanent full-time.
We are a growing digital agency that designs high quality apps, awesome websites, and epic interactive experiences for major brands and clients around the globe. Our clients include South by Southwest (SXSW), Dell, Sundance Film Festival, HPE, Cisco, Banff Centre, BC Liquor Stores, UBC, plus many more, and we need to add some great creatives to our expanding team. You will be a vital part of the design team, helping us make design and product decisions smarter and sooner.
In this role, you will work in a very open team environment collaborating on a project with our in-house designer and a project manager. The project is an existing service that is needing an audit of their processes and retail systems to refine their flow. Expect to take this project from the early-requirement team meetings, to reviewing existing documentation and site architecture, and then creating UX/wireframe recommendations for the design team to implement. Alongside the designer, you will collaborate to ensure the quality of the final project.
This role requires a high level of responsibility and spectacular communication skills since you will be required to be the voice of the company with clients as well as direct your team through a fast-paced schedule.
For those seeking permanent employment, requirements will vary from project to project so the ideal candidate will be able to work within a wide variety of formats. You can expect to work on everything from mobile apps through kiosk/installations, to websites and more.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Produce and maintain interactive wireframes
- Produce documentation to support UX recommendations
- Implement information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mock-ups including navigational elements in partnership with UX Designers and other stakeholders
- Facilitate discussions around your work and its iterations with your peers and stakeholders
- Work with the team to ensure that projects are planned and delivered in a timely and predictable manner
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify, organize and document key topics, providing leadership for Information Architecture activity
- Research and ensure best practices in UX and interface design
- Review industry standards and bring innovative ways to improve our existing user experience
- Conduct field research and/or review documentation to provide recommendations on updated flow experience in a user research focused role
- Minimum 3 years of specific UX design experience with responsive design, cross- browser consistency, and mobile optimization
- 3+ years of working experience in a user research focused role
- Experience managing Information Architecture projects
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn core product features and functions
- Strong verbal and writing business communication skills
- Ability to gracefully give and receive feedback
- A portfolio showing a variety of projects with a focus on research
- Passion for turning complex scenarios into simple solutions
- Solid team player with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to operate proactively with a high level of autonomy
This is a contract position with potential for a permanent role. You will be working in our Vancouver head office; salaries are competitive. We work hard and smart while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We work in a heritage post-and-beam office in the heart of Yaletown, are dog-friendly, have team activities and bring in fresh produce and drinks for the team.
Apply below by sending us your resume, portfolio and cover letter outlining who you are, why you’d like to work with us, and include your favourite sci-fi movie quote and reason.
- Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.