With 22,000 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to St. John’s, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager opportunity in the GTA East.
Summary of Position:
- Complete accountability for all accounts, including setting and maintaining quality standards, building performance and maintaining the integrity of the account.
- Liaise with clients providing updates on a regular basis
- Hire, train, monitor, evaluate and discipline staff for all buildings.
- Monitor all building sites for new developments and changes.
- Administer payroll, transfers and terminations for all accounts.
- Monitor and control labour hours/dollar budgets for all accounts.
- Coordinates and organizes additional or project work at various sites.
- Complete logs and inspections to ensure accurate paper trail of work performed.
- Monitor and inspect buildings for additional services or “extras.”
- Develop and maintain on-going working relationship with property management/tenants.
- Perform quality assurance inspections and prepare monthly reports.
- Ensure that all requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are followed.
- Ensure that all requirements of the Employment Standards Act are followed.
Qualifications & Experience:
- To be qualified as a suitable candidate, you must possess the following,
- 5 or more years of experience in a Janitorial/Cleaning industry with exposure and experience in an Operations environment along with labour relations, represented employees and members.
- Capable of managing a budget for key accounts including labour, supplies and other sales related requests.
- Ability to recruit, train and develop staff and allocate resources according to scheduling requirements.
- Fluency in English both written and oral is mandatory, and any other languages are an asset.
- Technical skills include; ability to use MS Office suite of software, familiarity with janitorial equipment is a requirement.
- Ability to travel and conduct regular site visits is mandatory therefore a vehicle or License in good standing, along with a clean driver abstract is required.
Must be able to pass a Criminal Record Check.
GDI Services (Canada) LP is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify GDI Services (Canada) LP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation GDI Services (Canada) LP will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)