Legal Assistant – Lancaster, Brooks & Welch LLP
This role is for an experienced estates clerk only.
Role: Senior Estates Clerk
We are Niagara’s oldest law firm (1882), located in St Catharines – our very established, and respected Estates department is requires an experienced Estates Clerk to support a Senior Partner and other Estates Associates in our firm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Handle general administration of estates and estate documents
- Prepare and manage probate applications
- Excellent communication skills required to deal with clients, lawyers, financial and government institutions
- Serve and file documents with court
- Prepare general correspondence and routine documents
- A professional demeanor is requires as you will participate in client interviews and be a direct liaison with clients and government agencies.
- Application preparation for Estate Planning and Probate, and Trustee appointment
- Deal with CRA, banking and financial requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- College Diploma and a minimum of 5 years’ experience Estates Law department
- Experience in Estates administration a must
- Able to prioritize work
- Ability to work in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Ability to manage constantly conflicting and changing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated diplomacy and tact in difficult situations
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Maturity, consistency of approach and ability to relate to all levels within the firm
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with clients and other lawyers and professionals in the interests of our clients.
- Have a high attention to detail, and excellent organization skills are considered a must have.
- Financial acumen – with the ability to track and report on estate finances.
- Strong team player, motivated, helpful and enthusiastic.
- Ability to multitask, and adjust to changing priorities.
To Apply for this Job:
Apply by going to our website http://lbwlawyers.com/contact/careers/administrative/
Job Type: Full-time
- Estate Admin: 3 years (Required)