Platform Integration Engineer
We are a fast growing and pioneering people analytics company that is transforming the financial workplace. We use cutting-edge software and machine learning to generate previously unidentifiable insights into employee behavior and performance. We have been recognized by renowned companies such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud for our achievements in AI, big data analytics, and machine learning. We have also been included in the Forbes FinTech 50, CB Insights AI 100, and Tech Nation's prestigious Future 50 program.
Our goal is to help businesses achieve better outcomes by developing and delivering data-driven solutions for compliance, CRM, HR, and workplace productivity. We also aim to rapidly expand our worldwide customer base to include companies across all major industries.
About the Role
The Behavox Platform is a scalable, fault-tolerant and highly performant storage and processing system which allows us to manage and analyze massive volumes of data. We have an extensive and flexible set of APIs to develop products that allow our clients to work through millions of data items, through searching, filtering, and visualizing relationships between entities in the system. For our most demanding users (including ourselves), we have built our own IDE!
As a backend Java Developer, you will be a part of our Java Production Team which is responsible for the integration of our platform with customer data systems. Our platform successfully streams terabytes of data in real-time and supports any data types our customers want us to analyze.
If you enjoy working on challenging tasks, strive to take full responsibility for the critical parts of the production process and want to see the measurable impact of your contribution - then come join us and become a part of our great team!
Ideal Candidate Profile
- 3+ years of experience building scalable and reliable distributed applications;
- Experience building scalable and reliable server-side applications;
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals - data structures, architecture, concurrency and various design patterns;
- Understanding programming patterns in BigData field and under high-load;
- Strong knowledge of core Java and Spring framework;
- Experience with Hibernate, relational and NoSQL databases;
- Comfortable working with Linux and command line; and
- Experience in the autonomous leading of implementation effort in a specific area for a considerable period of time (as single specialist of lead of the team).
- Lead platform integrations for Big Data products;
- Ability to decompose, estimate and deliver task implementation in communicated timelines for a small team in micro-release paradigm for the high-load production platform;
- Roadmap triaging (implementation plan, dependencies, risks);
- Contribute to infrastructure code base if it's necessary for task implementation (DevOps as a culture paradigm);
- Measure, track and optimize how new data streams affect BigData cluster capacity
- DOP cluster setup and configuration tuning; and
- Mentor, educate and support those around.
What we offer
- Passionate team applying cutting-edge tech to data and analytics;
- Competitive salary;
- Fully covered health benefits for employee and family;
- Generous time-off policy; and
- Flexible work schedule.
- Recruiter phone interview to discuss your skills, experience, and interests;
- Video Interview with the hiring manager;
- Take-home technical task; and
- Final on-site interview with the team members and CTO.