WHO WE ARE
The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) regulates Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) and exists to protect the public interest. By ensuring that RMTs maintain professional Standards of Practice and are held accountable for their conduct, CMTO protects the public’s right to receive high quality, safe and ethical Massage Therapy treatment.
WORKING @ CMTO
This is a full-time position, conveniently located just steps from transit at Davisville subway station in midtown Toronto. We offer a competitive starting salary, with a generous benefits plan, and three weeks’ vacation to start. You will find plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development. Our team is collaborative and respectful, with high emotional intelligence and a strong dedication to our mission.
If you’re in search of an opportunity where you can blend your passion for people with your IT and technical support skills, then we can’t wait to meet you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Manager, IT Applications, this role coordinates and administers a variety of information technology activities for the College while providing hands-on technical support and training to our staff, Council and stakeholders. The IT Applications Support Specialist will serve as application system administrator, support the identification and implementation of information technology solutions in addition to troubleshooting, configuration and integration of IT solutions. This position holds the responsibility of application data management to ensure the integrity of College data.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Tier 1 end-user support and training through IT Help Desk tickets.
- Respond to and diagnose IT software/hardware problems through problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution.
- Maintain the College's data management process, including data quality.
- Define, transform, structure and verify data so it is ready for analysis.
- Assist with architectural design and enforcing data architectural policies.
- Assist with solutions integration and extract data from various solutions to build integrated reporting.
- Provide oversight and management of the College's IT hardware and licenses.
- Provide backup support for content publishing and monitoring of the website.
- Maintain the Registrant portal and enable online services including application configuration and integration support.
- Acts as Administrator for corporate application tools (cloud environment) inclusive of configuration, user/group management, authorization, backup/recovery, performance tuning and optimization.
- Assist with application upgrades, testing and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for application access management and security.
- Participate and/or lead projects as required.
- Advanced proficiency with any of the following: SQL, XML, Json, HTTP, HTML5
- Demonstrated experience with defining and performing data management activities.
- Advanced proficiency with supporting the following applications (or similar): Office 365, SAP Concur, MS Power BI, Tableau, WordPress, SharePoint, DocuSign, Adobe suite, iContact.
- Experience configuring API links between databases and/or applications.
- Flexible, resilient and resourceful in dealing with organizational change and shifting priorities.
- Understanding of project management principles and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Ability to identify potential issues and act on them proactively.
- Strong level of professionalism, patience, and a sense of urgency.
- Solid communications skills, with a keen ability to articulate complex technical concepts to those less technically savvy than you.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on IT or technical support role, focused on IT applications and hardware support.
- Demonstrated experience as an administrator for corporate applications i.e. enterprise system, CRM, etc.
- Experience working with elected and appointed Councils, Boards and/or Committees a strong asset.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization, or health/educational institution preferred.
To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and cover letter on or by March 26, 2020. Please state the job posting title and your name in the subject line of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CMTO. Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario promotes diversity in the workplace and is committed to ensuring that its recruitment and other employment activities are fair and equitable. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment cycle upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- IT Support: 4 years (Required)