BLUEWATER DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING PERMANENT POSITION
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR, FINANCIAL SERVICES (1.0 FTE)
COMMENCING: As soon as possible
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of financial information to support school board operations and decision making, as well as supervising the daily operations of accounting and financial reporting within the Financial Services department.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Financial Services, you will coordinate and supervise the Board's accounting functions related to revenue, treasury management, budget preparation and financial reporting. As Accounting Supervisor, you will also oversee Ministry of Education reporting cycles and submissions, including estimates, revised estimates and financial statements. The Supervisor works closely in partnership with peers and colleagues across the school board and is an effective problem solver and team leader.
· Supervise and coordinate all accounting and financial reporting functions
· Monitor processes including accounts payable, school generated funds and long term debt
· Coordinate the completion of all financial reports, including estimates, interim reports and financial statements
· Identify efficiencies to streamline financial operations, including system modifications and policy, procedure and process improvements
· Coordinate long term financial planning and forecasting
· Oversee the collection and validation of enrolment information related to financial responsibilities
· Liaise and train stakeholders on budget development and other financial matters
· Represent Bluewater District School Board as requested on committees, taskforces and other projects
· Maintain and implement financial systems, report tools and the chart of accounts
· Lead, coach, mentor and support staff to build an effective and cohesive team
· Other duties as assigned
· University Degree in Commerce/Finance or Business Administration
· Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or working towards
· Five years’ progressive business experience in accounting, managing large budgets and developing and implementing best practices for improvement efficiencies
· Demonstrated progressive experience in supervising mid-management level and unionized staff
· In-depth knowledge of current Public Sector Accounting Board standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Canadian Audit Standards
· Demonstrated effective coordination, planning, decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Excellent organization, analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
· Demonstrated leadership skills and experience supervising a team
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Advanced skills in financial information systems and other applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, report writing, etc.)
1. The closing date for applying to this vacancy is Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
2. Please apply by email, and include a cover letter, résumé, references and permission to check references.
We thank everyone for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Questions regarding this position can be directed to:
Assistant Manager, Financial Services
Bluewater District School Board
(519) 363-2014 ext. 2171
“Applicants are encouraged to self-identify and notify Human Resources Services if any accommodations are required to participate in the recruitment process.”
Job Type: Full-time