Hours of Work: Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 5 PM
Rate of Pay: $18.50 - $21.50 per hour to start plus benefits
Our Vision: Everyone receiving the support they need to live the lives they choose.
Our Mission: To provide innovative best-practice support for individuals with developmental disabilities.
Our Core Values: Inclusion, Strong Relationships, Independence, Person-Centeredness, and Innovation.
Mentors lead of a group of adults (some youth) with developmental disabilities. They work directly with this group from 9 AM - 2 PM and lead a team of Support Workers and Mentor Assistants in providing a variety of activities.. Then from 2 PM - 5 PM they are back at the Corp Office and/or their home in order to fill out progress reports and review their programs; Framework For Life.
- Prepare and deliver programming for groups of individuals not exceeding 7 based on their individualized goals
- Track and document goal progress using internalized systems
- Network with community partners to create leisure, recreation, and employment opportunities of an inclusive nature
- Supervise and delegate to assistants within the group who aid in the implementation of the programming
- Report to interested parties such as parents/guardians on the progress of individuals or with concerns*
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of a diploma in a human services related field along with strong Microsoft Office skills. All Entrust employees must clear a Criminal Background Check, Youth Intervention Check and posses valid First Aid/CPR.
- Must have a have a valid AB drivers licenses and reliable vehicle with one million liability insurance.
- We are looking for someone who is patient, kind, trustworthy, mature, understanding, caring and a good communicator and leader.
- Entrust was founded on the belief that effective care could be provided for Individuals with developmental disabilities in an external setting while maintaining family and community participation.
If this sounds like a career that you would excel in and want to make a difference the lives of others, then please send us your resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability support: 2 years (Required)
Licenses or certifications:
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)