Sonoco is a Global Packaging Solutions Leader. A successful/productive company that proudly manufactures paper, plastic, metal and wood products, marketed throughout the world. We bring more to packaging than just the package! Package Your Career #packageyourlife
Take the next step and stake your future with a world-leading company that helps you excel and rewards your best efforts. We encourage and enable upward movement within the company, and we’ve built an industry-leading business on the philosophy that every person and every idea counts.
Our key focus is SAFETY, by creating a zero-injury environment. If you enjoy work as a Millwright; have work experience in an industrial setting; are committed to maintaining safe work practices and continuous improvement of the workplace and are a self-starter and motivated individual, this role may be right for you.
As the Maintenance Mechanic, you will:
· be responsible to Maintenance Lead Hand to perform duties in the highest professional manner
· work independently performing preventative maintenance, repair, fabrication and/or modifications of the plant’s packaging equipment
· work jointly with production team to ensure equipment is in safe and efficient operational status at all times.
· Work with plant team members to perform mechanical maintenance on production equipment to ensure optimum utilization and process capability
· be involved in the direct training of co-workers as assigned
· understand and follow PPE requirements, safe electrical practices, Energy Isolation procedures and other plant safety requirements
· must possess Provincial Certification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
· have Grade 12 education or equivalent (proof required at first interview)
· have 5-10 years’ work experience in an industrial setting, flexible packaging background is preferred
· possess comprehensive knowledge of safety rules, manufacturer recommendations, OSHA regulations and general work safety practices
· are able to interpret and understand basic mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings and functions
· demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
· are proficient with computers and Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word,Power Point and Outlook
· are legally entitled to work in Canada
· are able to perform physical requirements of the job
· are available to work 12 hour rotating continental shifts (2 weeks working days then 2 weeks working nights)
When you join Sonoco, you will get The Total Package: Stability,Growth/Opportunity, and an excellent Total Rewards Package including competitive pay and annual pay increases, as well as company paid medical/dental benefits,health care spending account, profit sharing, vacation, Registered Retirement Pension Plan, Retirement Savings Plan etc.
Next Steps For You:
The Sonoco recruitment process for our Maintenance Mechanic opportunity will require you to:
· Submit an on-line application
· Undergo a brief pre-qualifying telephone interview
· Interview at our Mississauga – Flexibles' facility
· Undergo background review and reference checks
Sonoco values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Sonoco is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.56 /hour