Special Instructions to Applicants Applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated resume that clearly states how they meet the posted qualifications.
(Faculty and Sessional postings only) N/A
CUPE Information (CUPE postings only) Open with preference given to CUPE 5791 members
Department/Unit Centre for Teaching and Learning
Employee Group CUPE 5791
Position Title Administrative Assistant
Salary Range $40,131.00 - $54,217.80 Annually (Operational Services)
Duration (if term)
Part-Time % 50%
As per Operational Services
Pay Grade CUPE Phase 4
Position Summary Reporting to the Director, Centre for Teaching and Learning, this position is responsible for various administrative support tasks in addition to providing reception for the front desk of the Centre for Teaching and Learning. Since this position is often the first point of contact for the Centre's services, programs and events, the incumbent requires excellent interpersonal skills and an aptitude for fostering positive relationships. The incumbent provides a variety of administrative and program support duties which require a broad range of skills and knowledge of both University and Faculty policies and procedures.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
Requirements Position Requirements:
- General reception duties such as answering inquiries, and providing general advice and assistance to faculty, staff, students and other clients of the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- Answers general questions about various programs and events offered by the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- Manages Director's calendar, schedules meetings/appointments, prepares agendas and organizes/distributes relevant materials, taking minutes and tracking action items.
- Plans and organizes committee meetings, special events and conferences as necessary to support the Centre's priorities.
- Organizes, books space, promotes and plans special events, meetings, workshops and seminars; manages and distributes event/workshop materials.
- Makes travel/accommodations arrangements for participants attending Centre for Teaching and Learning meetings, events and workshops.
- Manages all relevant UR courses and related software.
- Manages and prepares course certificates and distributes accordingly.
- Tracks budget, creates and submits expense reimbursements, reconciles expenses, orders office supplies, etc.
- Updates and maintains website.
- Purchases appropriate gifts and letters of recognition for events.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Grade 12 supplemented by the completion of an Office Education Certificate or equivalent recognized business course combined with three years of related office experience, showing progressively increasing administrative support responsibilities. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook-GroupWise, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated experience working with complex databases is required with a preference for Banner and Caspur.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Adobe and Excel.
- Must have experience in managing a calendar for a senior executive and maintaining staff calendars (scheduling meetings and appointments).
- Demonstrated experience in applying policies, processes and procedures is required with a preference for experience in the application of University of Regina policies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to create compose and edit a variety of written and electronic material.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion.
- Demonstrated experience organizing events and delivering professional, competent customer service in a front office environment.
- Must be able to solve problems using past experience, judgement and knowledge of the objectives and goals of the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to interact effectively in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to be able to organize multiple tasks to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to be tactful and courteous, to maintain effective working relationships with others, and to be able to exercise judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly due to events and the occasional requirement to work outside of normal hours.
Posting Date 11-13-2019
Closing Date 11-19-2019
Diversity Statement The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University's employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Competition Number 20191331