SOC OPERATOR/DISPATCH - CALGARY AIRPORT
ASP Inc. invites you to join us on Tuesday May 10th from 9am to 2pm for our Calgary Job Fair to be held at St. John Ambulance, 7236 10st NE, Calgary Alberta T2E 8XE.
A.S.P. Incorporated is powered by our people. A robust team unlike any other within the security industry. We innovate, embrace change, we challenge and we exceed client expectations. We continuously implement new strategies and strive for an environment which creates a culture of constant improvement.
A.S.P. Incorporated has been a Security Service Provider for clients in Ontario and Alberta for the past 18 years. We currently employ in excess of 1000 Guards Company wide.
Our integrity as a service provider helps ensure we honour all our commitments to our Clients which have given us the honour to provide service to them. A.S.P. Incorporated has the experience, dedication, organization, intellectual capital and fiscal strength to offer a complete turnkey service. We will continue to raise the bar, because at A.S.P., "Security Matters".
The SOC Operator is responsible for monitoring and operating all physical and security control systems and communications systems across Calgary International Airport on a 24/7 basis. Using a variety of tools that range from access control, CCTV, and alarm monitoring systems, the Operator is required to detect, analyze and report/alert and dispatch appropriate resources in response to emergencies, security breaches, alarms and unusual or suspicious activities, etc. SOC operators serve as the main point of intake, dissemination and escalation of security related events and issues. During the time of disasters, threats or special events, SOC operators will handle the real-time dissemination of information and serve as the main point of security contact and coordination.
- Monitors airport security systems (Access Control, CCTV, Alarms, etc.)
- Maintains vigilance in ensuring that only authorized entry is permitted;
- Intakes and disseminates security information and communications for both emergency and non-emergency situations. Handles all security related operational communications, calls-for-service, and radio dispatch;
- Reports and investigates all known or suspected safety concerns, security breaches, criminal offenses, suspicious activities, unattended items, etc. and dispatches security and/or Calgary Police Service as required. Maintain visual surveillance pending arrival of security/police, while monitoring the situation via CCTV and track/record all related information/communications;
- Assists during enhanced security measures and emergency incidents, i.e. monitor systems, provide data for intelligence gathering/investigation, provide evacuation directions, etc.
- Identifies, notes and reports facility deficiencies (equipment failure, lighting problems, safety hazards, etc.), complaints, problems, incidents, events or deficiencies;
- Acts as an ambassador of the Airport Authority when assisting public with various queries. Is proactive in offering assistance to curious or confused persons - without losing control of the programs being monitored;
Education and Experience
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent, however preference may be given to candidates with Post Secondary education or relevant equivalent combination of training, education and work-related experience (2+ years of experience as a SOC Operator)
- Minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience in operations centre, call centre or SOC experience
- Working knowledge of security, audio video, and integrated computer systems.
All applicants for this position must be:
- 21 years of age or older
- A Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- Have a clear Criminal Record
- Licenced by the Province of Alberta as a registered Security Guard;
- Must have a valid Province of Alberta Drivers licence with no restrictions and a clean driver abstract;
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid Transportation Security Clearance and a Calgary Airport Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC);
- Physically capable of performing all duties as set out in Job/Position Description
- Able to work a rotating 24/7 shift schedule, including nights weekends and holidays;
- Successful completion of (initial and annual recurrent) SOC Training is a pre-requisite for employment;
- Must successfully "check-out" in all SOC Operator functions within 6 months
Skills, Abilities and Personal Suitability
- Strong Customer Service, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and active listening skills;
- Proficient computer skills - proficiency in MS office applications; technically adept/proficient in a high-tech work environment involving the operation of multiple monitoring, alarm and communication/reporting systems;
- High level of attention to detail and security/situational awareness with ability to identify unusual or suspicious situations/events and critical issues quickly and accurately;
- Highly effective and creative problem solving and strong decision-making skills; ability to assess, analyze and evaluate information/situations quickly and take appropriate action;
- Adaptable/flexible with the ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced, agile, fluctuating and demanding work environment;
- Highly organized, innovative, resourceful, results driven, detail oriented with a strong desire to be part of a new start-up security/customer-centric team in;
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability, honesty, enthusiasm and integrity and exhibits a professional, positive and courteous manner at all times;
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity whist dealing with sensitive and confidential situations;
- MUST TYPE AT LEAST 40 WORDS PER MINUTE
- Airport security and/or SOC Operator experience is highly desirable;
- Possession of a valid Transportation Security Clearance and a Calgary Airport RAIC (Restricted Access Identification Card) is a definite asset for this position;
- Prior experience with Lenel Access Control System, Pelco CCTV System or other similar security software systems preferred;