- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Advanced SQL skills and experience in joining/cleansing datasets from multiple sources
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms
- Demonstrated written communication skills
Are you interested in building the data foundation for helping scale the growth of the Solutions Architecture function with Amazon Web Services? In a fast-paced, high-growth environment, making data driven decisions is critical. The Amazon Web Services Solutions Architecture (SA) organization is looking for a Business Analyst to better enable our decision making through the use of data analytics.
The role is critical and highly visible across the organization and plays a key role in developing analytic insights. The insights are used to lead decision making around resource allocation, program effectiveness, productivity analysis and business impact. Consumers of these insights will include individual SAs, SA and Sales management, and AWS senior and executive leadership.
The successful candidate is analytical and possesses a strong passion for developing insights. In addition, you must be able to articulate how the data should be used in decision making. This requires excellent business acumen and communication skills as well as the ability to work with business leaders to develop and define key business questions. Lastly, the successful candidate will also be able to work with BI and software development teams to set up the right data structure and collect information and design the analysis model that answers these questions. You should be passionate about working with data, be driven to dive deep, and be passionate in socializing business impacts to guide the broader organization.
- MBA, Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Experience leading and coordinating broad business reviews
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau
- Familiarity with SFDC data reporting
- Experience using the AWS analytical services (e.g., Redshift, EMR, Machine Learning, Kinesis)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, R or Perl
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age