Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth is a world-leading cannabis company, offering diverse brands and curated cannabis strain varieties in dried and oil extract forms. Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Canopy Growth operates numerous state-of-the-art production facilities with over half a million square feet of indoor and greenhouse production capacity. Canopy Growth has established partnerships with leading sector names in Canada and abroad.
Headquarters in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
The Encapsulation Production Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and general operation of the encapsulation machine. The technician will assist in sanitization control and safely operating the encapsulator and associated machinery.
Strong attention to detail, initiative, working knowledge of machinery and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential to this role.
Production operations are located in a clean room, which will require maintaining work standards for quality and production performance.
- Operating the encapsulation machine(s) and associated equipment.
- Ensuring all associated equipment is in a good state of repair.
- Clean, disassemble, and reassemble encapsulation equipment.
- Follow instructions on orders to manufacture products within company specifications and batch records.
- Report issues relating to production or process to Supervisor and Manager.
- Implement SOP documentation for standardizing processes.
- Troubleshoot equipment production issues.
- Adhere to production and manufacturing schedules.
Experience and Background
- Education and/or Experience: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Associates Degree in a maintenance field, or experience with encapsulation processes and equipment an asset.
- Must be able to work an entire shift, when necessary, in an enclosed room..
- Must be able to work in a stationary position as well as move about unassisted.
- Must be able to safely and carefully operate and use assigned equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, or crouch as circumstances arise during the course of a shift.
- Must be able to operate, activate, use, prepare, and clean equipment, occasionally grasping with force and using twisting wrist movements.
- Must be able to hear and converse with supervisors and other employees.
- Must be able to see and read small print.
- Must be able to work in a moderate noise level environment.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour or 10-hour shift and overtime as assigned.
- Must have sufficient range of motion with arms and hands to reach overhead and to the side, often repetitively, during a 12-hour or 10-hour shift.
- Must be able to ascend/descend a step ladder while carrying up to 20 pounds of materials.
- Must be able to work variable shifts.
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls .
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.