Reporting to the Area Manager, the principal duties of the Facility Maintenance Technician is to conduct general building maintenance for a site in Kenora, Ontario. This position will also respond to reactive maintenance calls. The successful individual will be assigned to conduct building services and maintenance repairs for a specific DND site.
- Completes a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: general upkeep and repair, painting, landscaping, carpentry, plumbing, and other tasks as required
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and works safety, TSSA.
- Conducts risk assessments and developed pre-work safety plans / job plans.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- In partnership with the planner, orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintain a professional courteous manner and communication with client, employees, vendors, contractors and fellow employees.
- Maintains tools and materials for the work site.
- Perform other related duties as required and as assigned by Contract Representatives.
- This role is part of an Integrated Facilities Management Solution that provides a diverse portfolio of services to our client. A requirement of this position, in addition to the duties listed above is to provide other services as required. These duties are assigned at the sole discretion and frequency of Dexterra as a strategy to respond to timelines and penalty avoidance specific to this contract. While tasks assigned will not require staff to perform tasks requiring certifications they don’t hold, they will be asked to provide tasks as required to maintain a positive and supportive relationship with our client. This could be up to 20% of the job requirement in any given fiscal year.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to read mechanical, electrical and control drawings; knowledge of building automation system, building fabric, HVAC systems, electrical systems etc.
- Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans.
- Basic understanding of floor plans, work order system and security.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict time constraints.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Researches specifications, drawings, O & M manuals in order to make repairs and adjustments as is necessary.
Knowledge and Applied Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Computer literate and familiar with MS word, excel and database
- CMMS and BAS experience
- Participates in educational programs and in-service training.
- Provides verbal and written reports as requested.
- Completes assigned tasks in a professional and workmanlike manner.
- Completes assigned tasks and close the work orders within time frame given in response time policy.
- Communicate the work status with the client groups via central call center within the time frame given in response time policy.
- Adheres to the occupational health and safety acts and other legislative enactment.
Represent the department with a positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Security clearance at the Reliability Status level
- Maintain an industry level standard productivity level
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, balance crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder. Working at Heights. Lifts, and roof tops.
- Job will require inside and outside working. Cold and Heat.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Is expected to be available for a certain amount of overtime and being on-call if necessary.
KEY MEMBERS OF YOUR COMMUNITY:
Manager: Project Manager (Contract Supervisor)
Direct Reports: Area Manager
Peers: other FMTs
Job Type: Full-time
Currently, we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Facilities Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)