This position falls under our Air & Sea division. Primary duty is to process routine to moderately complex import transactions, including all related activities in breakbulk operations. Perform duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination of Import goods. Perform all duties correctly, cost-efficiently, within Company standards, and under the direct supervision of the Department Team Leader.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, review, and process import documentation from DSV offices worldwide.
- Confirm terms/acceptance of shipping with Importer of Record. DSV
- Communicate with worldwide offices/agents regarding proper documentation for imports.
- Work with DSV brokerage department and outside brokerage firms to obtain Customs release and other government agency releases as appropriate, arranging delivery and invoicing the appropriate account.
- Process delivery of cargo, invoicing client/brokerage team, updating tracking system and collection of receivables within defined Company time frames.
- Coordinate the release of goods from the carrier, Customs, or other governmental agency examinations that may be required.
- Communicate with clients, coworkers, and Team Leader in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service, under the direct supervision and advice of the department Team Leader or Manager, by informing clients of the status of shipments and referring clients to a higher-level authority when questions are beyond scope of responsibility.
- Advise department Supervisor, or Manager of any transaction problems or irregularities.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and guidelines, such as the Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Very good verbal communication skills and past customer service experience are required, as work includes extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the import process.
- Very good written communication skills to compose routine to moderately complex letters and to edit and proof business correspondence and reports.
- The ability to organize, prepare, and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing, spreadsheets, etc., to generate more elaborate reports, charts, and graphs as applicable.
- The ability to perform the functions of an Import Specialist I as needed.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years international transportation industry experience preferred, or a minimum of two years of college courses in supply chain logistics, international transportation, or a related field of study.
DSV complies with the Canadian Employment Equity Act and welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com