Fleet Delivery Coordinator
YYC Freight Services is a well-established Calgary based company offering warehousing, ground handling and transportation services to the freight forwarding community, direct shippers, and the aviation industry. Located at the Calgary International Airport with direct access to tarmac (air side), we are perfectly situated to service our customers on and off the airport.
YYC Freight Services has always been committed to providing a superior work environment and we are proud of our established team of qualified employees. We are currently looking for a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a Fleet Delivery Coordinator. We are currently looking to fill 1 full time role and the shift would be from Monday to Friday.
· Responsible for helping the Dispatch Manager to oversee all of the day to day operations within the dispatch division of the company. This includes interfacing and coordinating with the airline operations team, the drivers, and the warehouse staff on a daily basis to ensure that all requested tasks are being completed accordingly and in a timely manner.
· Help to manage, monitor, and coordinate the daily workflow for the dispatch and trucking divisions of the company with the ongoing goal of trying to utilize our resources in the most optimal way possible.
· Liaise with customers and follow up on all requests and enquiries. Provide quotes when requested and identify opportunities where we could gain additional business.
· Assist with promoting and marketing the services that the company offers with the goal of developing and creating new business and expanding our current client base, while maintaining optimal service for existing customers.
· Help to plan the daily work assignments for the drivers and warehouse employees, communicate targets accordingly, and monitor the results with the goal of ensuring that the objectives of the department are achieved successfully.
· Work in conjunction with the Dispatch Manager to ensure that all procedures and instructions are followed, and that the expected service is delivered in accordance with customer expectations and/or contracted terms.
· Strong knowledge of the airline, transportation, and logistics industries
· Previous dispatching skills a definite asset
· Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
· Superior interpersonal & communication skills
· Must be reliable, punctual, self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision/direction
· Must be able to pass security clearance (background check)
· Must have a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
· Must have strong computer and typing skills
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced environment
· Wage is negotiable based on experience and qualifications
· Comprehensive benefits package available upon completion of 3-month probationary period
This full time permanent position is available immediately.
Please note that only applicants who provide a detailed cover letter will be considered for this role.
Job Type: Full-time