TERM: 8-10 Weeks Between May 6 & August 25th, 2019 (Subject to Funding)
DESCRIPTION: CFUR is a non-profit, volunteer based campus-community radio station that broadcasts from the University of Northern British Columbia. The Volunteer Coordinator works with the Station Manager, Music Director, and Community Outreach Coordinator to carry out CFUR’s Skills Training Workshops and orientations.
30 hours per week @ $12.65hr - $13.85hr
JOB DESCRIPTION(but not limited to):
- Conduct orientations to familiarize new members of all ages with our safe space
- Become fluent in our skills training workshops
- Lead training workshops in order to share skills with others
- Mitigate hiccups with improvisation. Provide necessary encouragement and coaching to volunteers.
- Comfortable being the First Point of Contact at CFUR’s Office
- Assist in appending policy & procedural documentation to be used for training society members by taking notes on what can be improved, updating documents, then implementing those improvements
QUALIFICATIONS(not all required but would be considered an asset):
- Must be a Canadian citizen between 15-30 years of age
- Strong organizational skills. Track progress, contributions, and contact info of volunteers.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work with volunteer’s availability
- Criminal Record Check as minors will be present
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Rudimentary Teaching or Sharing of Skills
- Experience working with youth
- CFUR Volunteering Experience an Asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your attached resume and cover letter to CFUR Station Manager, Ian Gregg. Make sure the subject line reads: ‘Volunteer Coordinator’. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications must be submitted before May 3rd, 2019,at 4:00 p.m. PST. CFUR is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $12.65 to $13.85 /hour
- Rudimentary Teaching or Sharing of Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working With Youth: 1 year (Preferred)
- Prince George, BC (Preferred)
- Canadian Citizenship (Required)
- Age under 30 (Required)