Big Country Raw is a place where we are truly passionate about what we do! We are proud of who we are, committed to the product we make, and care about our customers we serve. It is a place where we encourage each other to challenge the status quo so that we may achieve great things now and in the future.
If you have been searching for a great place to work…look no further…you have found it.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for creating efficient and cost-effective driver routes that manage our fleet and ensure our drivers have all the necessary information and tools to perform their job. They will track and monitor delivery data to ensure BCR is providing the highest level of customer service to our customers. With their continuous improvement mind set they will re-evaluate internal processes and our dispatch systems on an ongoing basis ensuring best in class service and delivery.
- Prepare all paperwork and organize all outbound deliveries, ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Create cost-effective and optimized driver routes utilizing routing software.
- Conduct ongoing cost analysis, tracking and monitoring internal fleet metrics ie; cost per km, delivery weights, manpower, maintenance costs etc.
- Recommend/Lead continuous improvement initiatives related to Dispatching processes and systems.
- Monitor third party provider costs and recommend cost effective solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Work with Finance to evaluate existing vehicle fleet to determine if additions or changes are required on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the crew app for drivers to ensure prompt communication regarding routes, schedules, and other important information/details pertaining to the deliveries.
- Ensure that all late orders/add-ons are assigned, loaded and recorded/labelled accurately.
- Track and investigate order errors and/or customer complaints, record and report findings to Logistics Manager on a weekly basis.
- Organize any pickup or drop-off materials and notify the correct department when these are scheduled.
- Develop strong contractual relationships with third party providers.
- Create and post drivers weekly schedule.
- Oversee that all orders are processed and printed in a timely manner.
- Create the weekly overview routes at weeks end and email the appropriate managers.
- Assist in the preparation of specialty orders ie; Mondou / Longo’s and any other shipments via third-party carriers, as required.
- Assist with the necessary paperwork for all third-party shipments, ensuring accuracy of information, as required.
- Provide support to the Logistics Manager and team, as required.
- Support a safe and healthy work environment through the companies Health and Safety program and Joint H&S committee.
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-Secondary certificate or diploma in business or supply chain is preferred.
- 5+ years’ office related experience including scheduling and dispatch responsibilities.
- Experience with third party logistics required.
- Experience with a Routing software program/system.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with exceptional proficiency in Excel.
- Familiarity with Provincial regulations / Highway traffic Act
- Strong Organization / Planning
- Ability to Multitask
- Excellent communication (telephone/written/verbal)
- Time management
- Detail oriented
- Trouble shooting
- Customer Focused
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our career page on our website: www.bigcountryraw.ca
Applications must be submitted prior to November 22, 2019.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Country Raw is committed to meeting the needs of persons with temporary and/or permanent disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation in the workplace and will make an effort to meet those needs in a timely manner by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in the areas of information, communications and employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics / Dispatch: 5 years (Required)