WHO WE ARE
Acorn is a fun and friendly environment where your work here matters. We pride ourselves in the care we give to support all of our customer’s needs!
Acorn Stairlifts Canada Inc., has become the leader in our industry. We are the largest supplier of stairlifts sold directly to our clients, and are the largest independent straight stairlifts manufacturer of the world. The key to our success is simple. We utilize Hi-tech systems and processes to ensure a simple to use, yet high quality product is produced.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU, YOU ASK?
- Part of a FAMILY.
- FUN-LOVING, POSITIVE and ENCOURAGING atmosphere.
- CELEBRATE in Company Events
- Canada’s #1 LEADER in the Stairlift Industry – proudly serving our customer’s needs since 1992!
- COMPANY BENEFITS, 3 WEEKS vacation, PAID time-off
WHAT WE’RE SEEKING
We’re seeking a qualified Installation Technician to provide high quality professional services that help improve the lives of people around the world. We are seeking an individual who can work independently trouble shoot our products efficiently, and represent the company in professional manner.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Accurately independently install stairlifts (straight, curved, outdoor) in client homes
- Properly inspect diagrams to complete installs per the specification
- Provide demos to ensure customer satisfaction
- Communicate with clients on-site and answer any questions
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and perform service to resolve customer complaints or concerns
- Test newly installed/repaired lifts to ensure safety and proper function
- Complete paperwork, process payments and maintain our company data base
- Maintain stock levels of equipment in the company provided vehicle and storage unit
- Be available for work on weekends as required
- Frequent travel across Canada, including multi-night hotel stays
- Driving for extended periods of time
WHAT YOU HAVE
- An outstanding personality and positive attitude
- Ability to build relationships and work well with all levels in the company
- Ability to positively represent the company to clients (primarily elderly)
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to follow guidelines and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while adapting in a fast-paced work environment
- Confidence to work independently
- Intermediate computer proficiency
- A secondary diploma and related experience
- 2+ years' experience working directly with clients
- 1+ years' installation experience
- Mechanical/electrical experience preferred
- 2+ years' in-home experience
- Ability to lift between 70-120lbs
- Experience in a fast paced environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Quality: products we make and sell, and the services we provide
- Unity: working together as one team
- Integrity: acting responsibly and honestly to deliver on our promises
- Caring: about our customers, each other, and the wider community
- Ambition: taking pride in all we do and striving to improve
Acorn Stairlifts Canada Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation to provide accommodations where necessary for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during our process if you require accommodation. We thank everyone for their application; however, only selected applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability