Early Childhood Educator
Angus Valley Montessori Schools is going to serve the growing demand for superior quality preschool education. We are dedicated to providing the best possible foundation to inspire children for a lifetime of learning and achievement. Together, we offer an environment where students enjoy music, drama, arts, sports, creative activities, family-style dining, as well as free and structured play. We are looking for a passionate and caring RECE teacher to join our fast-growing team. This person must be very well organized, self-motivated, patient, proactive, compassionate towards children, and must have excellent leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling all RECE duties including, but not limited to:
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and knowledge of licensing regulations
- Ensuring that all regulatory standards required by federal, provincial, and municipal governments are always being met
- Working collaboratively with teachers and assistants to plan, develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the intellectual, emotional, and physical development of children
- Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
- Maintaining a healthy physical, emotional and social environment conducive to learning.
- Maintaining school upkeep including the organization of materials, classroom visual displays, bulletin and announcement boards.
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children at all times
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips, and special activities
- Encouraging parental involvement through regular communications.
- Assist teachers in keeping records. Maintaining and completing developmental checklists as required.
- Attending professional development activities, open houses, and parent-teacher interviews as required.
Other duties as required The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator
- Early Childhood Education Diploma / Degree recognized by the College of ECEs (www.college-ece.ca)
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate (including Infant and child CPR)
- Must have a minimum of one-year teaching experience
- Excellent organization and multitasking skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with children
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
Remuneration will be based on experience. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If interested, please apply at http://www.avmschools.com/job-application-pickering/Job
Types: Contract, Permanent
Expected start date: April 1st, 2021
Salary: $16.00-$21.00 per hour
Related keywords: early childhood educator, ece, child care, early childhood education, early childhood assistant
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$21.00 per hour
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place